Introducing SiteLauncher for Mozilla Firefox
SiteLauncher is a blazing-fast Firefox add-on that gives you a quick and tidy way to navigate to sites you use often.
Navigate by regular point and click; or if you're a keyboard fan, by pressing the Launcher Hotkey—Ctrl+Space is the default, but you can be changed— to bring-up the Launcher for one key tap access to each of your top web-apps and sites.
SiteLauncher is free to use and spyware free—and, we intend to keep it that way.
- Create super quick keyboard shortcuts to URLs and bookmarklets you need access to often.
- Instant visual feedback from the Launcher panel means no need to actually memorize anything but the one hotkey.
- Just about any character key can be associated with a site, you're not limited to a-z and 0-9.
- Highly customizable appearance - change colors, sizes, transparency, etc.
- Make use of shortcuts with visual feedback, using the Launcher hotkey; or without, using the Direct-to-Site hotkey.
- Arrange and group related shortcuts to have them appear together in a visually meaningful way.
- Set the Launcher to open sites in current or new tab
- Optionally set the Launcher to appear on startup instead of a regular homepage
- "Must have addon for those who have a repetitive list of visited
- "Absolutely beautiful and USEFUL too!"
- "Simply awesome"
- "This addon is simply fantastic. A much more viable alternative to the old
fashioned built in Firefox bookmarks "
- "After using for a few days,
leaves you wondering how you got along without it. "
- "Excellent, simple, and very useful"
- "I love this add-on, it's the one single add-on that will keep me tied to firefox forever"
- "LOVE IT! Most used addon I've ever installed."
- "Better than SpeedDial. One of my must-have addons. "
- "Very useful. I use it every day for quick tasks."
- "This is a great application. I can by-pass using bookmarks or typing in a
URL for the web pages I visit often "
- "I could probably put a cash value on the amount of time this saves in a
- Changed default Launcher style for new users (will not affect users upgrading)
- Fixed bug causing Launcher or Direct-to-Site hotkey to not work when changed to a single key (e.g. F1 or Win Key)
- Improved and fixed bugs in Shortcut Manager drag and drop interface
- Added shortcut to invoke Management Screen (Ctrl + Shift + M on most systems)
- Added support for scrolling of Launcher using mouse wheel when shortcuts exceed available screen area
- Fixed bug causing SiteLauncher to malfunction on Firefox on recent versions of Ubuntu Linux
- Many other small improvements and minor bug fixes
SiteLauncher is made to be intuitive—the only thing you need remember is the Launcher Hotkey; Ctrl + Space. There are though a few other key combinations you can choose to memorize if you want to get absolute fastest experience out of SiteLauncher:
|Launcher Hotkey||Ctrl+Space||This is the main hotkey, if you only remember one, make it this one.
Press the Launcher hotkey to bring forward the Launcher. Then, simply press the key indicated in the Launcher for the site you wish to launch.
(or Shift+Ctrl for Mac users)
|An alternative hotkey which doesn't show the Launcher. It's included for people who would prefer to use
their memory instead of the Launcher, you can safely disregard it otherwise.
Unlike the Launcher Hotkey, you need to keep the Direct-to-site Hotkey pressed down while pressing the key for the site you want to open.
|Shortcut current page||Ctrl+Shift+S||Brings up the Shortcut Managager with input prefilled with a new shortcut (that you can edit before confirming) that points to the page you where on at the time.|