As seen on LifeHacker, CNET, BBC Click, DemoGirl, GHacks and Webware
SiteLauncher® for Firefox
SiteLauncher is a free Firefox add-on that gives you a super-fast and organized way to navigate to sites you frequent often. Once installed, press the hotkey—Ctrl+Space is the default—or the toolbar button at anytime in order to show the "Launcher" (shown right) for one click access to your favorite sites.
• Set shortcuts to all your favorite sites and web-apps—any place that has a URL
• Open shortcuts by keyboard, mouse or touch
• Choose Launcher layout and style that suits you—over a dozen appearance settings
You appear to be using the Internet Explorer web-browser. SiteLauncher is not available for this web-browser. If you want to use SiteLauncher; please 1) Install Firefox, and then 2) come back to donesmart.com to install SiteLauncher. Why update your browser to Firefox? Besides the fact it will mean you can use SiteLauncher, recent benchmarks found Firefox to be faster than Internet Explorer and all other leading web-browsers.
The Launcher—an easy to customize panel for quick access to your favorite bookmarks. Show the Launcher at any time by pressing the Launcher hotkey or toolbar button.
- Create quick keyboard shortcuts to URLs you need access to often. The visual feedback provided by Launcher panel means no need to actually memorize the shortcut keys just the main hotkey; thus giving you the time-saving benefit of keyboard shortcuts without the downside of having to remember them all!
- Highly customizable appearance - change your Launcher's layout style, grid size, colors, font sizes, show only icons without titles; add background transparency, gradients, icon effects and more.
- Make use of shortcuts with the visual aid of the Launcher; or alternatively use totally transparent shortcuts by pressing the Direct-to-Site hotkey combined with a site key that you have memorized.
- The Shortcut Manager makes it super-quick to add, edit and remove shortcuts. Access the Shortcut Manager when the Launcher is showing by right clicking or hitting Tab.
- Advanced feature—create shortcuts to bookmarklets (and they'll automatically include icons too; taken from the sites they reference). Perform quick on-page actions using your favorite bookmarklets taken from the web. Just right click a bookmarklet and click "Shortcut this link" to add it to SiteLauncher.
- Arrange and group related shortcuts to have them appear together in a visually helpful way.
- Optionally, set the Launcher to appear on startup instead of a regular homepage
- Set the Launcher to open sites in current or new tab
- "The best way to navigate."
- "Must have addon for those who have a repetitive list of visited
- "Absolutely beautiful and USEFUL too!"
- "Simply awesome"
- "This addon is simply fantastic. A much more viable alternative to the old
fashioned built in Firefox bookmarks "
- "After using for a few days,
leaves you wondering how you got along without it. "
- "Excellent, simple, and very useful"
- "I love this add-on, it's the one single add-on that will keep me tied to firefox forever"
- "LOVE IT! Most used addon I've ever installed."
- "Better than SpeedDial. One of my must-have addons. "
- "Very useful. I use it every day for quick tasks."
- "This is a great application. I can by-pass using bookmarks or typing in a
URL for the web pages I visit often "
- "I could probably put a cash value on the amount of time this saves in a
SiteLauncher is designed to be intuitive and doesn't have a long manual—the only thing you really need remember is Ctrl + Space which is the main hotkey. However, to get the fastest experience out of SiteLauncher you might want to memorize all the other hotkeys; which are listed below:
|Launcher Hotkey||Ctrl+Space||This is the main hotkey, if you only remember one hotkey, make it this one.
Press the Launcher hotkey to bring forward the Launcher. Then, simply press the key indicated for the site you wish to open (or open the shortcut by mouse click or touch)
Shift+Ctrl for Mac users
|An alternative hotkey which doesn't provide the visual feedback of the Launcher panel. If you have memorized a key for a site, then you can open that site by pressing this hotkey combined with the key for the site. If you prefer the visual feedback of the Launcher feel free to disregard this hotkey.
Note: unlike the Launcher Hotkey, you need to keep the Direct-to-site Hotkey pressed down while pressing the key for the site you want to open.
|Shortcut current page||Ctrl+Shift+S||Quickly creates a new shortcut to the current page you are on at the time. It will also bring up the Shortcut Manager with the new shortcut's edit box in focus so you can make revisions to the newly created shortcut should you wish.|
Note: These are defaults, all the hotkeys can be changed.